Bid on Once-in-a-Lifetime Experiences in the David Ortiz Celebrity Golf Classic Auction
Boston, MA (November 26, 2012) – Sports fans across the country will have the chance to make a difference in the lives of children in need. Beginning Monday November 26, fans will be able to bid on once in a lifetime experiences, dream packages and sports memorabilia during the David Ortiz Celebrity Golf Classic online auction. The auction benefits the David Ortiz Children’s Fund, a non-profit organization that provides critical care services to children in need.
This year’s auction can be found at www.events.org/ortizauction and will be open until 12:00 p.m. ET on December 8, 2012 where items will then move live to the event. On-line bidders will be represented by proxy on-site at the event. Some of the items that fans will bid on include:
• Hitting Lessons with David Ortiz - Learn to hit like Big Papi! Get a private hitting lesson from one of the best hitters in Major League Baseball. Includes private hitting lesson with David Ortiz and 2 tickets to a 2013 Red Sox Spring Training game. Date to be mutually agreed upon during Spring Training. Travel and hotel not included.
• Behind the Scenes FOX NFL Sunday Tour with Howie Long - This is your chance to meet Pro Football Hall of Famer and current FOX NFL Studio Analyst Howie Long on the set of the FOX NFL Sunday Pregame Show. With Howie as your personal guide, take a tour of the Studio and meet and greet the rest of the FOX NFL Sunday crew, which includes fellow Hall of Famer Terry Bradshaw and former New York Giant Super Bowl Champion Michael Strahan. To commemorate your visit, Howie will pose for photographs with the winner and sign items. Offer is valid in 2013 (date to be mutually agreed upon)
• Lunch Date with MLB Network Analyst Heidi Watney - Ever wish you could go on a date with the gorgeous Heidi Watney? Now's your chance! Don't miss this unique opportunity to win a date with MLB Network's newest analyst, Heidi Watney. The former Red Sox on-field reporter will accompany one lucky winner to lunch in New York or Boston. Date and location to be mutually agreed upon, travel not included.
• Private Dinner for Eight at Ming Tsai’s Blue Ginger with Wine and Cooking Demo - Enjoy this unique opportunity for a special dinner for 8 in a private dining room at Ming Tsai's Blue Ginger with a paired wine and cooking demo. Also included will be 4 Ming Tsai autographed cook books.
• Autographed Katy Perry Guitar – Katy Perry is the first female to ever have five singles from the same album reach the number one spot on the Billboard 100. She's been nominated for multiple awards in different music categories and recently won Favorite Pop/Rock Female Artist in 2012. Now you can own a guitar signed by the superstar.
• Four EMC Elite Club Red Sox Tickets and a Night's Stay at the Four Seasons: – Watch the Red Sox play at Fenway from the best seats in the house: the EMC club. View the entire playing field as each play unfolds. The club is climate controlled and has a restaurant and three bars. A truly relaxing and fun experience for you and three friends. This package includes an overnight stay at the luxurious Four Seasons with amazing views of Boston, as well as breakfast at the famous Bristol Lounge. Date to be mutually agreed upon, travel not included.
• Tiger Woods Autographed Tour Model Fuse Science Golf Bag: This is a rare opportunity to own Tiger's tour model golf bag, signed by the legend himself. Tiger has racked up 74 wins in the PGA tour and owns record scores in the Masters Tournament, which he has won four times. On top of his many achievements, Tiger has often been recognized as one of the most stylish players. Now you can copy Tiger Woods' style with the very same Fuse Science golf bag he uses, autographed by Woods.
• Date Night Package with Coldplay Show, Luxury King Suite, $1,000 Shopping Spree: Enjoy the perfect evening for you and your significant other brought to you by Mohegan Sun.You will start with a romantic dinner for two before you go to the Arena to watch a concert by Coldplay (performing December 29th). You will also receive $500 in slot play in which you can use to try your luck at the the Mohegan Sun casino after the show. When you are ready, the two of you can head up to your room, a luxury king suite to cap off your night. The package also includes an $1,000 shopping spree. With stores such as Sephora, Coach and Tiffany and Co., you and your significant other will have plenty of ways to spend your money. Package includes one night stay in a luxury king suite, a dinner for two, two tickets to Coldplay on December 29th, $500 in slot play and an $1,000 shopping spree at the Mohegan Sun shops. (Can exchange tickets for a different show if you choose to stay another night). Travel not included.
The online auction is one part of the 5th Annual David Ortiz Celebrity Golf Classic which takes place December 6-9, 2012 at the Sanctuary Resort Cap Cana in the Dominican Republic. Expected to attend this star-studded event are some of sports biggest names including: Yankees second baseman Robinson Cano of the New York Yankees, Red Sox legend Pedro Martinez, Yankees legend Bernie Williams, Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista, Edwin Encarnacion of the Toronto Blue Jays, Cleveland Indians Manager Terry Francona, U.S. Gymnastics Gold Medalist Aly Raisman, former Red Sox pitcher Luis Tiant, MLB-TV personalities, Heidi Watney and Sean Casey, MLB-TV Analyst, former Red Sox knuckleballer Tim Wakefield, Baseball Hall of Famer Barry Larkin and several of David Ortiz’s Boston Red Sox teammates.
Also in attendance are VIPs from the world of entertainment including Sam Page, Actor; Mad Men, Rachel Dratch, Actress; former SNL cast member, Ming Tsai, Celebrity Chef and Lenny Clarke, Comedian & Actor.
"This is the fifth year of the David Ortiz Celebrity Golf Classic and each year I am humbled by the generous donations from friends, sponsors and teammates. In each year the auction has raised more money than the previous and we are looking forward to continuing that this year,” Ortiz said.
Some additional items in this year’s auction include batting practice with David Ortiz, a New York City Getaway including a pair of tickets to see Lady Gaga and a two night stay at the East Side Marriot, the chance to be an honorary Bat Girl/Boy for an upcoming Red Sox game, as well as other memorabilia from some of the biggest names in sports. Fans not in attendance be sure to follow @davidortiz and use the hashtag #OrtizGolfClassic on twitter for all the latest news surrounding the David Ortiz Celebrity Golf Classic including new auction items that will be added leading up to the event.
The David Ortiz Celebrity Golf Classic benefits the Children’s Fund which began in 2006 as a way for David to help children in his home country of the Dominican Republic. In 2009, the Fund expanded its life-saving mission to New England, helping to bring critical care services to children in need through a partnership with Massachusetts General Hospital.
About the David Ortiz Children’s Fund
The David Ortiz Children’s Fund (DOCF) is committed to helping children in New England and the Dominican Republic that do not have access to the critical pediatric services they need. The DOCF is proud to partner with Massachusetts General Hospital to fulfill its mission in New England and with the World Pediatric Project to fulfill its mission in the Dominican Republic. These organizations are committed to healing as many children as possible by providing critical pediatric healthcare. Working together, these organizations are increasing the number of children that will receive lifesaving services. For more information on the David Ortiz Children’s Fund, please visit http://www.davidortizchildrensfund.org/.